If I Ran for President
- Written by: Catherine Stier
- Illustrated by: Lynne Avril Cravath
- Published by: Albert Whitman & Company
- Read by: Lonnie Chavis, Parker Bates and Mackenzie Hancsicsak
- Suggested grade level: 2nd - 3rd
- Run time: 8 minutes
If you ran for president, you would have to do a lot of hard work. You would study the nation’s problems, tell the American people about your platform, select a running mate, and debate your opponents on live television. Access books like this through First Book, a nonprofit social enterprise working exclusively with programs and schools serving kids in need to ensure that they have access to top quality books and educational resources at deep discounts. First Book supports over 390,000 educators across the country – both formal and informal – who are sharing the love of reading with the kids they serve. Check out their Voting & Civic Engagement section here!